#BringThemHomeNow

Jan 8, 2014

A Meditation for Vegetarians upon Being Instructed by a Doctor to Eat Meat

A Meditation for Vegetarians upon Being Instructed by a Doctor to Eat Meat
(c) Rabbi Menachem Creditor
[note: the larger conversation about vegetarianism and ethics influences this meditation, but is not its focus.]

i, spirit and flesh
as are many other living things
contain life within me
strength in my body

i, spirit and flesh
am but a facet of life
larger than my body
connected to every spirit

my body's strength
depends on the universe
sharing its bounty
with me

as i eat from this flesh
i know that i am flesh

one day i will nurture
another part of the whole

that time is not now
and for this
i am grateful

Total Pageviews

NEW BOOK! Calling Out: Psalms for Today

Calling Out: Psalms for Today www.amazon.com/dp/B0D22YG9X7 co-edited with Sarah Tuttle-Singer The night of April 13, 2024 the People of Isra...