#BringThemHomeNow

Apr 18, 2013

My letter to ASUC President Landgraf: "It is possible to be pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rabbi Menachem Creditor
Date: Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Subject: from a Conservative Rabbi in Berkeley
To: president@asuc.org

Dear President Landgraf,

I am writing to you today to encourage you to veto SB160.  I've been an advocate of a two-state solution for many of the reasons championed by those in favor of divestment, and have led dialog groups in my synagogue with Muslim and Palestinian leaders. I found last night's intensity unhelpful at best toward these goals, and harmful in many ways toward creating a sense of hope for anyone.

It is possible to be pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian. I am. 

The bill hurts many, many people. I'm here to talk, if you'd like, at any point. My cell phone # is xxx, and I live right down the block from campus. Call me at any time.

Please Veto SB160.

Thank you for your leadership,
Rabbi Menachem Creditor

------------------------------------------
Rabbi Menachem Creditor

To join Rabbi Creditor's email listsend a blank email to thetisch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Total Pageviews