#BringThemHomeNow

Sep 13, 2011

An Open Letter in support of MOCHA

To Executive Director: Masako Kalbach, masako@mocha.org, Chair of MOCHA Board: Hilmon Sorey, hilmon@sandler.com
From Rabbi Menachem Creditor, Congregation Netivot Shalom, Berkeley, CA (netivotshalom.org)

Dear Masako Kalbach and Hilmon Sorey,

I am a rabbi of a Jewish congregation in Berkeley, and I can only imagine the many, many letters, let alone the social media blitz that has attacked MOCHA for the decision to cancel the exhibit featuring children's art from Gaza.  I wish to offer my support, and the support of my community, and our gratitude for your decision.  I have experienced great hatred aimed at many kinds of people since arriving in the Bay Area 5 years ago, and was proud that, just this past Sunday, my Jewish community stood and prayed with our Turkish Muslim friends at the Pacifica Institute for the health of American and the world.  I am a rabbi who prays for a Palestinian State to emerge safely, someday soon.  

I am so sorry for the inundation you must be dealing with.  It should alert us all to the highly politicized campaigns being wielded surrounding Israel/Palestine.  I am here to assist you to engage and share the conversation, should you ask.

With prayers for peace,
Rabbi Menachem Creditor

---
Rabbi Menachem Creditor
Congregation Netivot Shalom  || Bay Area Masorti ||  ShefaNetwork 
Rabbis for Women of the Wall  ||  menachemcreditor.org 
To join Rabbi Creditor's email list, send a blank email to thetisch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.


Total Pageviews